Monday 11 October 2010

KOWTON




As the number of what I saw as essential dubstep releases started to wane a bit I started buying loads of Berlin and UK techno and a bit of US house after not really buying any 4/4 records for a few years. Then I began to try and incorporate various aspects of techno into the music I was making. After a bit I figured rather than making dubstep using techno production styles I’d try and flip it and make techno or house using the same sounds as I would were it a dubstep track. [KOWTON]

Ο Joe Cowton (aka Kowton) βρίσκεται κι αυτός πλέον στο Bristol. Μαζί με τον October και τον Julio Bashmore είναι από τους πιο updated techno παραγωγούς της πόλης. Αλλοπρόσαλλοι house ρυθμοί, kickdrums που ξεφεύγουν ανεπαίσθητα από την κανονική τους θέση, στριφνές μπασογραμμές. Αυτά τα vibes είναι τόσο σκοτεινά που τύφλα νά 'χει το dubstep. Η μόνη αντιστοιχία που μπορώ να βρω με το παρελθόν είναι το ανισόρροπο chill-out του Plastikman. Σαν αίσθηση περισσότερο. Slow μουσική για βόλτες σε άδειες βιτρίνες.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment